Jacek Furman, President of the Management Board of Aflofarm Farmacja Polska received the Special Award of the EY Entrepreneur of the Year competition. The final gala took place on Thursday, November 23 in Warsaw.From this place I would like to especially thank my dad, who was the founder of Aflofarm and who 12 years ago made a bold decision and handed the company over to his sons. Dad is with us today - dad, I would like to thank you once again for your trust. When I took over the company, it was 200 people - today we are almost 1000, and I promise you that there will be more, said Jacek Furman while receiving the prize.
A few years after Jacek Furman took over, Aflofarm won the leading position on the OTC drug market in Poland. To this day, the company is effectively competing on the pharmaceutical market with international concerns.
EY Entrepreneur of the Year is the only one of its kind, an international initiative promoting the best entrepreneurs. The competition has been organized in the world by the EY company since 1986 and almost 60 countries participate in it. In Poland, the first edition took place in 2003. Since then, the initiative has gathered around the idea of promoting the achievements of Polish entrepreneurs an impressive community. It includes the owners of the best Polish companies and other authorities in the business world. This group is constantly growing, offering new participants an unprecedented opportunity to build business relationships.
This year's winners chose the jury independent of EY.
It consists of outstanding business personalities and winners of previous editions of the competition:
· Jerzy Koźmiński - Jury President, President of the Polish-American Freedom Foundation
· Leszek Czarnecki - Chairman of the Getin Holding Supervisory Board
· Andrzej Dębowski - President of Ustka Apartments · Marcin Iwiński - Entrepreneur of the Year 2008, Vice President of the Management Board of CD Projekt
· Jacek Siwicki - President, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Enterprise Investors
· Krzysztof Pawiński - Entrepreneur of the Year 2011, President of the Maspex Wadowice Group
· Ewald Raben - Entrepreneur of the Year 2012, President of the Raben Group
· Andrzej Wiśniowski - Entrepreneur of the Year 2013, the creator of the WIŚNIOWSKI company
· Adam Krzanowski - Entrepreneur of the Year 2014, President of the Nowy Styl Group
· Paweł Buszman - Entrepreneur of the Year 2015, President of the Management Board of American Heart of Poland
· Marcin Grzymkowski - Entrepreneur of the Year 2016, President of the Management Board of eobuwie.pl